Dr. Stephen Parker is a board certified interventional pain management physician who has been a member of Carolina Orthopaedics since the fall of 2011. He has experience in both inpatient and outpatient rehab, having served as a medical director for the past 14 years. Dr. Parker has also been involved in the development of telemedicine technology and is co-founder of MDLive based in South Florida. He is a diplomat of the Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehab, a member of the International Pain Society, the South Carolina Spine Association, the American Telemedicine Association, and the South Carolina Medical Association. Dr. Parker and his wife, Camilla, reside on Pawleys Island with their two children. He is active in his church and South Carolina Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball. He also enjoys golf, exercising, and all types of music.
- Neck and back pain
- Worker injuries
- General muscular skeletal medicine
- Primarily conducts studies on nerves, epidural steroid injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulator trials, kyphoplasty, and facet blocks, as well as joint and hip injections under fluoroscopy
- Non-Surgical Orthopaedics – obtained additional training in pain management in Marietta, Georgia
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine – completed residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Medical University of South Carolina – M.D.
- Howard University – B.S. in molecular physiology
- Board Certified from the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation