Dr. Michael N. Bohan has been practicing orthopaedics in the Myrtle Beach area since 2000. He is a founding partner of Carolina Orthopaedic Specialists, now Carolina Orthopaedics, and is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. In addition, Dr. Bohan serves as director of the total joint replacement program at Waccamaw Community Hospital. Born in Cleveland, Ohio, and raised in Olean, New York, Dr. Bohan currently resides on Pawleys Island with his wife, Kristin, and their two children. Dr. Bohan is a member of Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church and enjoys hunting, fishing, and golfing.
- Primary and complex revision joint replacement surgery of the knee and hip
- New non-surgical management techniques, such as utilizing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections to stimulate and optimize a patient’s own ability to heal certain chronic conditions
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine – fellowship
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center – advanced training in orthopaedic surgery
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine – M.D.
- Davidson College – B.S. in pre-medicine
- Named “Best Orthopaedic Surgeon” for 2015 and 2016 by the Myrtle Beach Herald Readers’ Choice Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Board Certified: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons