Mason H. Hicks is a physician assistant with Carolina Orthopaedics who specializes in critical care, fracture care, and total joint replacement. His area of focus also includes peri-operative medical management and critical care of orthopaedic patients, adult and pediatric alike. Prior to joining Carolina Orthopaedics, Hicks cared for patients within a large, academic trauma center.
A graduate of the College of Charleston where he majored in pre-physician assistant studies, Hicks went on to earn his Master in Science of Physician Assistant Studies from the Medical University of South Carolina. He completed his clinical training at the Medical University of South Carolina and took a position as orthopaedic trauma physician assistant with McLeod Regional Trauma Center in Florence, S.C. Hicks was named president of the South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants on July 1, 2016, for a one-year term.
Hicks is NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) board certified and medically licensed to see patients from all medical specialties, but mostly enjoys seeing orthopaedic patients. Hicks prides himself on providing the most up-to-date medical care utilizing the newest techniques. He works closely with all of Carolina Orthopaedics’ physician partners to provide patients with the fastest, safest, and best care possible.
- Critical care, fracture care, and total joint replacement
- Peri-operative medical management
- Critical care of orthopaedic patients, adult and pediatric alike
- Clinical training – McLeod Regional Trauma Center, Florence, SC
- Medical University of South Carolina – Master in Science of Physician Assistant Studies
- College of Charleston – B.S. in Pre-Physician Assistant Studies