Dr. Edward J. Mikol is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a founding partner of Carolina Orthopaedic Specialists, now Carolina Orthopaedics. Raised on Long Island, New York, Dr. Mikol and his wife, Jane, currently reside in Myrtle Beach and attend Pawleys Island Presbyterian Church. He is an avid outdoor sports enthusiast, enjoys restoring vintage automobiles, and has traveled extensively throughout the U.S. and abroad to photograph the indigenous wildlife and natural scenery.
- Sports injuries
- Disorders of the shoulder, knee and hip, including arthroscopic procedures, tendon repairs, joint replacements
- Complex fractures and dislocations
- New non-surgical management techniques, such as utilizing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections to stimulate and optimize a patient’s own ability to heal certain chronic conditions
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Southern Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Nashville, Tennessee – fellowship
- George Washington University – M.D., a surgical internship and an orthopaedic surgery residency
- George Washington University in Washington D.C. – B.A. in computer science statistics
- Awarded a coveted U.S. patent for a method to repair proximal humeral fractures. A European version was awarded in 2007. This invention provides an option for the treatment of fractures of the shoulder and humerus, but can be applied to certain other bones as well.