Dr. Brian K. Blair is an orthopaedic sports medicine specialist with a focus on arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle. Dr. Blair is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He also has the distinction of holding a Certificate of Additional Qualification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is the only orthopaedic surgeon in Myrtle Beach to hold such an honor. Prior to medical school, Blair was an All-Conference soccer player and student athlete and went on to play professional soccer for the Charleston Battery, winning a national championship in 1996. Over the years, Dr. Blair has been involved in the care of recreational, college, and professional athletes, including the Colorado Rockies of Major League Baseball. His experiences as a former and current athlete give him a valuable perspective in treating his patients.
Dr. Blair and his wife, Ruthie, have two children. He resides in Pawleys Island and enjoys cooking and playing golf and soccer in his free time.
- Sports medicine
- Complex shoulder injuries and replacement
- Complex knee injuries and replacement
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for the treatment of chronic tendinopathies and arthritis. Dr. Blair has performed several hundred PRP injections.
- Certified in IMPACT concussion management
- Sportmetrics ACL injury prevention
- The Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas – one year accredited fellowship in orthopaedic sports medicine under the world renowned shoulder and sports medicine expert Dr. Richard Hawkins and staff
- Fort Worth Affiliated Hospital System in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas – completed orthopaedic surgery residency
- Medical University of South Carolina – M.D.
- Furman University – B.S. in chemistry
- Member of the National Medical Honor Society and Alpha Omega Alpha at the Medical University of South Carolina